Frugal Innovation - Connecting Grassroots and Global
Journal of Frugal Innovation welcomes submissions to the thematic series on 'Frugal Innovation - Connecting Grassroots and Global'.
Frugal Innovation is about creating simple, affordable, sustainable & quality solutions. The inaugural International Conference on Frugal Innovation is planned during 19, 20, 21 December 2016 at AIT Palakkad, Kerala, India. The meeting is aimed to facilitate Innovations for an Inclusive Growth, exchange of ideas, nurture innovators, and bring out frugal innovation to the masses. The meeting will provide an inclusive platform for ideas and innovations.
The conference will include various spaces to nurture sustainability and inclusive growth by creating a community of frugal innovators, including:
- Problem spaces (needs, contextual constraints, social aspects, reachability)
- Solution spaces (reducing the use of scarce resources, sustainability, affordability)
- Enterprise spaces (facilitating & commercializing frugal innovations, case studies on pitfalls & failures)
This thematic series in the Journal of Frugal Innovation will publish selected papers from the conference. The themes of the conference include (but are not limited to) innovations in the following application areas:
- Art and Media
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the submission guidelines for Journal of Frugal Innovation. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Journal of Frugal Innovation submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate thematic series in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on 'Frugal Innovation - Connecting Grassroots and Global'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Deadline for submissions: 15 November, 2016
Lead Guest Editor
Prof. Prahlad Vadakkepat, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in Journal of Frugal Innovation - including articles published in this thematic series!